There is no dairy in the recipes but it is rich with flavor!
- 16oz (one box) orecchiette (farfalle is good for this dish too)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch of scallions, thinly sliced, and the green and white separated
- 2 large ears of fresh corn, shucked and kernels removed (RAW! Don’t cook the corn). You want about two cups of corn, so add another ear if you need to
- 1 bag of fresh peas (frozen will be fine if you can’t find fresh)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 grated parmesan cheese, more to taste
- 1/2 cup torn basil
- 1/4 red pepper flakes
Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Add the peas and cook for 60 seconds and place in an ice bath to stop the cooking.
Bring the water back to a low boil to prepare for the pasta. Heat your oil in a large sautee pan over medium heat and add your scallion whites and a pinch of salt and cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup of water and ¼ cup of the corn and cook until water evaporates and the corn is heated through about 3-5 mins. Salt and pepper the corn and transfer to a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Bring your pot of water back to a rolling boil and add the pasta. Cook to box directions or, if you’re using fresh pasta, about 3 minutes. Test regularly to make sure it’s al dente and not soft.
- Put your skillet back on medium-high heat and add butter. Once melted add in the rest of the corn and cook until it begins to brown. Add peas and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Once cooked add your corn puree and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Lower to medium heat and add in your cooked pasta and a small ladle of pasta water to the skillet. Cook for about 1 minute adding more pasta water if it’s too thick.
Stir in ¼ cup scallion greens, parmesan, basil, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste. Add in your fresh lemon juice to taste.
- Transfer pasta to bowls and garnish with more scallion greens, herbs, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
Keywords: creamy corn pasta