If you are looking to make a surf and turf dinner for two this is your recipe! Steak and scallops are a perfect way to visit the land and the sea!
- Two, 6oz Filet Mignon Steaks
- 8 Sea Scallops
- 1 Acorn Sqash
- 1/2 stick of salted butter
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts
- Fresh Rosemary Sprigs (one clamshell is enough)
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Make your compound butter first. We used our Levo 2 machine
- To make the butter without a Levo remove your butter from the fridge and allow to soften on the counter for about 1-2 hours.
- While this is softening you can roughly chop 2 sprigs of rosemary and zest a quarter of a lemon. Once the butter is soft and pliable combine the rosemary, lemon zest, and butter with a fork, pressing down to combine. We put our butter in a small ice cube try and put it in the freezer to set but you don’t have to do this. Set aside
- Remove your steaks and scallops from the fridge, uncover, pat dry and allow them to come to room temperature.
- Place a large pot of salted water on the stove and bring to a boil.
- Remove the stem from your squash and use a peeler to remove the skin. Cut the squash in half with a very sharp knife. Using a spoon remove all the seeds from the center.
- Cube the acorn squash and add it to your boiling water. Cook the squash for about 20 minutes or until fork tender. Reserve ALL of the cooking water, remove the squash, and place it into a large bowl.
- Using a blender or a handheld immersion blender blend the squash into a puree adding some cooking water as you go until you get the consistency you like. We usually wait until it’s a thin mashed potato consistency.
- Add a tablespoon of your compound butter, salt, and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Next up is your Brussels sprouts. Remove the stem and cut each sprout in half. Put the halves in a bowl as you go. Toss your halves in olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and add in the remaining 3/4 of your lemon zest.
- Put a cast iron skillet on your stove over medium heat and allow it to come to temperature. While it is heating up season your steak and scallops with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Once the skillet is just about smoking add in your steaks.
- After two minutes add 2 tablespoons of compound butter. to the skillet and allow it to melt. Continue cooking the steak for 2 more minutes then flip it.
- Add your garlic cloves, and rosemary and baste your steak with the butter on the pan. Do this by carefully leaning the pan to the side and using a spoon to move the butter over top of the steaks.
- For medium rare cook the steak of 5 minutes on this side and remove from the pan. Allow the steak to rest until you are ready to serve.
- In the cast iron skillet, you just used over medium heat add your scallops. Allow them to cook undisturbed for about 2 minutes on each side. Seriously only touch them to flip them! Once cooked remove from the pan and set aside.
- Lastly, over medium heat, in a stainless steel saute pan add a bit of olive oil and your brussel sprouts. Cook for about 7 minutes tossing and turning them regularly.
- Add everything to a dish, make it pretty, and serve it to your sweetheart!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes